Slider

  • Wednesday, March 26, 2014

    Rubber Ducks of Gratitude

    Today is a sad day for me, it is the anniversary of my biological fathers death. Although I did not get the chance to meet him I have quietly grieved on this day for the past three years.

     Six months after he passed I found out his name and an address, it was an old address so after some searching on Google I found his obituary. That December we packed our little family into our van and went to visit his church family in another city. We were welcomed warmly and I got to meet the special people who had loved him at the best and worst of times. A man picked up my little girl and called her "little Kevin" FINALLY after hearing how my children only looked like their Daddies side of the family, I heard they looked like mine!

    Today we are thanking my birth father for what he did many years ago, for fighting for me and attempting to place me with family, for kisses and hugs, and also tears.  His picture is my profile picture on facebook today, we are planning on blessing fathers at the mall today with little treats and rubber duckies (a cousin said he would sing that song to her as a kid).

    I also wanted to thank other birth dads... they seem to be forgotten when it comes to thanking parents for their decision to put a child up for adoption. Not every Dad is the bad guy, sometimes they just cannot make it work and a decision for the child's future has to be made. THANK YOU Dad's. One day I hope you get to meet your child and you are welcomed into their lives and  hear words of thanks. It cannot be an easy decision to hand your child over to another person, to not know if you will ever see them again. KNOW that what you and your partner decided is a huge blessing for another family. That every day that babies new family thanks God for the decision you two made.




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Designed by Melissa Lyon West